2022 Covid-19 Guidelines at DYF Programs
In respect for your family’s health and safety, all DYF staff and volunteers will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and we encourage eligible participants to do the same. Our COVID-19 policies for 2022 programs will be made with current information from the CDC, state and local health authorities, and under the leadership of our Healthcare Professional Advisory Board. Given the unique threat that COVID-19 poses to our community, we will likely require vaccination against COVID-19 for all participants age 18 and older. When full FDA approval is granted to younger groups (as opposed to emergency use authorization, EUA), we anticipate requiring vaccination for those younger age groups as well. Specific guidelines and requirements will be tailored to each program and released at least 30 days prior to the program start date. Should you have any concerns about these guidelines once they are released and you no longer feel comfortable attending a DYF program, we will provide you with a full refund minus the $50 non-refundable deposit and the corresponding processing fee.
Spring Retreat 2022 COVID-19 Guidelines and Requirements for Participation:
- All adults ages 18 and up must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on the definition provided by the CDC.
- Youth ages 5-17 are highly encouraged to be fully vaccinated before participation. Should this not be possible, we will accept a negative PCR (lab) test completed within 72 hours of the start of the program.
- Youth under age 5 may require a pre-camp COVID-19 test and specifics will be announced closer to the program start date.
- All program participants and volunteers will need to complete a COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arrival at the program with negative results. Assuming full vaccination status, this test can be a rapid antigen at-home test. If the cost of testing is a barrier for your family’s attendance please let us know and we will help.
- We will automatically assign your family to its own cabin for sleeping assignments unless you request otherwise. We have a variety of accommodation options available and we will be reaching out to you after registration to determine the best fit for your family.
- Masking will be required in shared indoor spaces and for some activities.
- There will be outdoor eating options available for those who feel more comfortable dining outside and we will attempt to organize as many activities outdoors as possible.
- Our medical team will do a symptom screening for every person upon arrival.