We are so grateful for the success of Camp Insulin and Stars, our virtual “Camp at Home” program that took place this summer, that we have decided to continue virtual programs for the rest of 2020.
Insulin and Stars is open to people with and without diabetes. Activities are interactive, encourage movement, and limit screen time. All programs are led by DYF staff and volunteers.
You must register for each program in order to participate. All these programs are free. To register, please go to our calendar, select the program you are interested in and click the “Register in advance for this meeting” link (click “more details” if this link does not appear). You will be taken to the registration page. A waiver form will be emailed to you after your registration and must be completed prior to your first event. Once your registration is approved by our staff, you will receive an email with the Zoom link.
FAMILY CHOICE | 6:30PM
Activities for campers, families and adults to enjoy as we bring the magic of camp to your homes.
- August 14: NAILED IT! Baking Challenge
- Join Leah and Marilyn for a baking challenge inspired by the Netflix show ‘Nailed It!’ The focus this time will be on dessert, with everyone attempting to make the same dish! We’ll send out the ingredient list ahead of time, so you can get what you need to plan and prepare.
- October Session: TBD
- November 14: World Diabetes Day Celebrations
- September 24 | DYF Day Campfire
- December 11
DIABETES ED SESSIONS | 6:30PM
Discussion focused around diabetes and resources to help support your everyday life, led by experts in our local community. Parents, caregivers, and adults are invited to participate.
- August, October & November Sessions | TBD
TEEN TUESDAYS | 8:00PM
Teens ages 13 and up are encouraged to join us on Tuesday nights for fun activities, conversations, and camaraderie with other teens and camp staff.
- July 28
Special Guest Speaker, Dr. Justin Altschuler | Transition to College
- August 11 & 25
- September 8 & 22
- October 13 & 27
- November 10,
- December 8
T1D ADULTS & FAMILIES
- Welcome Staff Wednesdays | 7:00pm
Camp staff past and present are invited to come together every Wednesday night for friendship, games, and activities. Registration is not required for these staff sessions-just email us at email@example.com to get the link. 2020 Dates: August 19, September 16, October 21, November 18
- Adult Retreat | August 13-16
Join us for an ADULTS-ONLY week filled with community, support, and diabetes education. This virtual conference is for you whether you have T1D yourself, you are a support system for a person with type 1, or you simply want to know more. Enjoy speakers, activities, and camaraderie, with us!
To register, please go to our calendar.
Past 2020 programs
- Education Sessions:
- Back-to-School with T1D with Lisa Shenson and Tariq Ahmad, MD
- Advanced Looping Tips and Tricks, presented by Dr. Justin Altschuler
- Mental Health and Self Compassion with Sarah Altschuler, MD
- Improving Diabetes Flexibility with JoAnne Robb, MFT
- Adolescent Brain Development + T1D with Mary Simon, MD
- Puberty, Hormones, and Changing Insulin Needs with Louise Greenspan, MD
- Sick Days, COVID-19 Symptoms, and T1D with Stephen Gitelman, MD, Anna Bakardjiev, MD, and Maureen McGrath MS, PNP-BC, BC-ADM
- Recreation Sessions:
- DYF Color Wars with Kaylee
- Adaptation Auction with Whitney
- Scavenger Hunt with Regan
- Tie Dye with Marilyn and Leah
- Building Challange with Vlada
- Dutch Auction with Adrian
- Friendly Family Feud with Whitney and Al
- Show and Tell with Al
- Photo Scavenger Hunt with Paige
- Game Challenge with Leah
- Jeopardy with Al and Regan
- Variety Show with Scott
- Bearskin Bake-off with Leah and Larisa