We are continuing to offer virtual programs with Insulin and Stars. See below for our upcoming events.
Insulin and Stars is open to people with and without diabetes. Activities are interactive, encourage movement, and limit screen time. All programs are led by DYF staff and volunteers.
Want to feel even closer to camp? Download your DYF Zoom Background here!
2021 Camp Office Hours & Socials
Description: Parents & campers are invited to attend our pre-camp Office Hours & Socials May-July. This will be your opportunity to ask questions, get important updates and share tips and tricks as you prepare for camp. Campers will also get the opportunity to meet other campers. Attend as many sessions as you’d like throughout the summer to ensure your 2021 camp experience is the best yet.
- Saturday, June 19 @ 4pm | Special Session: Kids Camp 2
- Saturday, June 26 @ 4pm | Special Session: Kids Camp 3
- Saturday, July 3 @ 4pm |Special Session: Teen Camp 1
- Saturday, July 10 @ 4pm |Special Session: Teen Camp 2
- Saturday, July 17 @ 4pm |Special Session: Teen Camp 3
- Saturday, July 24 @ 4pm |Special Session: Kids Camp 4 / Buddy Camp
- Saturday, July 31 @ 4pm |Special Session: Buddy Camp
To view our Summer 2021 camp programs, click here!
Meet the ED Town Hall Meetings
Description: Get to know DYF’s new Executive Director, Davey Warner, at one of these hour-long virtual town hall meet-and-greet sessions.
- Camp Family Town Hall | Tuesday, July 20 @ 5:00 PM PDT Click here to register.
- Supporter & Alumni Town Hall | Tuesday, Aug. 10 @ 5:00 PM PDT Click here to register.
You must register for each program in order to participate. All these programs are free.
To register, please go to our calendar, select the program you are interested in and click the “Register in advance for this meeting” link (click “more details” if this link does not appear). You will be taken to the registration page. A waiver form will be emailed to you after your registration and must be completed prior to your first event. Once your registration is approved by our staff, you will receive an email with the Zoom link.
Here are a variety of programs we offer (all times are in Pacific Standard Times):
Activities for campers, families and adults to enjoy as we bring the magic of camp to your homes.
Gather with friends to sing festive camp songs and build community.
DIABETES ED SESSIONS
Discussion focused around diabetes and resources to help support your everyday life, led by experts in our local community. Parents, caregivers, and adults are invited to participate.
Discussion focused around diabetes and resources to help support your everyday life, led by experts in our local community, specifically for newly diagnosed members. Parents, caregivers, adults, and teens are invited to participate.
Teens ages 12 to 18 are encouraged to join us on Tuesday nights for fun activities, conversations, and camaraderie with other teens and camp staff.
- Go to our calendar for registration.
T1D ADULTS & FAMILIES
We offer programs for adults to foster community within our T1D family.
WELCOME STAFF WEDNESDAYS
Camp staff past and present are invited to come together every Wednesday night for friendship, games, and activities. Registration is not required for these staff sessions; email us to get the link.
Check out our flyer!
Check out our Magic Monday Playlist videos to experience a little magic of camp.
Past 2020 programs
- Newly Diagnosed Q&A Panel, with panelists Dr. Justin Altschuler, Dr. Louise Greenspan, Dr. Sonali Belapurkar, and others.
- World Diabetes Day Celebrations
- 2020 Adult Retreat
- Back-to-School with T1D with Lisa Shenson and Tariq Ahmad, MD
- Transition to College with Dr. Justin Altschuler
- Advanced Looping Tips and Tricks, presented by Dr. Justin Altschuler
- Mental Health and Self Compassion with Sarah Altschuler, MD
- Improving Diabetes Flexibility with JoAnne Robb, MFT
- Adolescent Brain Development + T1D with Mary Simon, MD
- Puberty, Hormones, and Changing Insulin Needs with Louise Greenspan, MD
- Sick Days, COVID-19 Symptoms, and T1D with Stephen Gitelman, MD, Anna Bakardjiev, MD, and Maureen McGrath MS, PNP-BC, BC-ADM
- Winter Holiday themed activities for kids and teens
- Halloween Special, activities for kids and teens
- Nailed it! Baking Challenge with Leah and Marilyn
- DYF Color Wars with Kaylee
- Adaptation Auction with Whitney
- Scavenger Hunt with Regan
- Tie Dye with Marilyn and Leah
- Building Challange with Vlada
- Dutch Auction with Adrian
- Friendly Family Feud with Whitney and Al
- Show and Tell with Al
- Photo Scavenger Hunt with Paige
- Game Challenge with Leah
- Jeopardy with Al and Regan
- Variety Show with Scott
- Bearskin Bake-off with Leah and Larisa