DYF is dedicated to improving the lives of children, teens and families affected by type 1 diabetes (T1D). Founded in 1938, the organization is a leader in the diabetes camping and resident education industry serving more than 2,000 individuals annually through summer and year-round programs. DYF believes that every child with T1D should have the benefit of our lifesaving programs and works year round to raise the necessary funds to meet the demand for our services.
DYF’s mission is to improve the quality of life for children, teens and families affected by diabetes. The organization provides recreation and education within a supportive community, encouraging personal growth, knowledge and independence.
The Administrative Assistant provides support to all departments. Tasks include helping prepare
paperwork and registrations for programs, assisting with fundraising campaigns and events, and
organizing databases. While most work can be done remotely, this person must be able to easily
come into the DYF office when needed, particularly during the busy program months of April – September.
Position Title Administrative Assistant
Reports to Stephanie Beinke, Office Manager
Functional Areas Administration
Employment Status Part-time, Non-exempt
Location Hybrid: Remote/Concord, CA during the busy program months of April-Sept
• Assist Office Manager with camper registration and paperwork.
• Assist Program Team with hiring process of seasonal staff.
• Oversee and maintain hard copy filing system.
• Assist Program Team on camp transportation days.
• Assist with production and mailing of fundraising materials.
• Support the Development Team with gift processing and acknowledgement.
• Assist with the solicitation and recording of gala auction items.
• Assist fellow office staff and departments with special projects as needed.
• Provide exceptional customer service for camp staff and participants through effective
and positive communication and support.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
• Ability to manage differing and multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Positive attitude, team player, upbeat, supportive.
• Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
• Passionate about the work of DYF and the T1D community.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
• Demonstrated sense of initiative in project-based work and/or school equivalent projects.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills. Must be able to work effectively
and collaboratively with DYF staff, volunteers, and participants.
• Demonstrate knowledge and/or sensitivity toward populations with chronic illnesses.
This is a part-time position, to be paid $20/hour. The number of hours per week will vary
based on workload, typically 10-20 hours per week. After 30 days of employment, a part-time
employee accrues thirty-seven and a half (37.5) hours of sick leave per employment year. Sick
leave is accrued at the end of each calendar month. An employee may not accumulate more
than two hundred and twenty-five (225) hours of sick leave. Sick leave will not be cashed out
at any time. No vacation time or paid holidays are awarded for part-time employees. Benefits
are not available for part-time employees.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Employees are responsible and accountable for:
• Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk
assessment and risk control
• Long periods of exposure to a computer monitor while in a seated position
• Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment, with high demands
• Valid driver’s license and driving records which meet DYF’s insurance carrier
• Ability to bend, stoop, and lift up to 25 pounds
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including weekends and evenings
How to Apply:
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Stephanie Beinke at email@example.com
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
DYF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, citizenship, military service status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.