Dear DYF Community,
It is with a mix of sadness and deep gratitude that the Board of Directors announces Janet Kramschuster’s departure as Executive Director of DYF, effective March 27, 2020.
Janet joined DYF as the Camp Director at Bearskin Meadow 17 years ago and has led the organization as its Executive Director for the past six years. Janet’s management, leadership, and partnership building skills have created a foundational structure that will serve DYF for years to come. She reinvigorated the organization, advanced our mission, and, with the team, has made significant impact over the years, including:
- The creation and implementation of a robust strategic plan to guide the organization
- Fostering a growing reserve fund and financial policies to help protect DYF’s future
- Supporting over $350,000 of capital improvements and repairs at Bearskin Meadow Camp
- Championing program expansion including Campamento Familiar, High Altitude Teen Program and Family Camp Flipped
- Adding 1.5 new staff positions including a Communication Manager
- Partnering with a high-functioning and committed Board of Directors
- Managing a high-caliber team of mission-focused individuals
We thank Janet for the dedication, passion, and enthusiasm she gave DYF during her tenure. She will be greatly missed by the staff, the Board, campers, and partners alike. The Board wishes Janet the very best in her future endeavors and looks forward to following the success in her new role as the Vice President of Development at Tidepool.
Over the next few months, we will conduct a search to find the new DYF Executive Director. During this transition period, staff and the Board will continue to implement DYF programs. It is our priority to find the best individual to lead, while maintaining a stable and effective organization and providing programs and camps of the caliber people have come to expect from DYF. We will share the job announcement soon and ask for your help in identifying candidates who can help DYF continue along this successful trajectory.
If you have any thoughts or questions during this transition process, please feel free reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
President, Board of Directors